Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Perks

I'm really liking my new job. I started on Monday and so far its a lot of fun. I spend a lot of time on the computer which is ok by me and I get to make power point presentations and notes for classes. Sometimes the work really taxes my mind because I have to think about if what I'm creating will make any sense to others. But the fact that I get to work pretty well whenever I want helps to outweigh that negative. I also really don't have any set work time or place. I was just given some tasks for the week and am supposed to report back to my boss on Friday. I've already finished the first task and am waiting on feedback for it. Either tonight or tomorrow I'm going to do more work on the second task. The one thing that sucks though, is that it is only for the semester. So when next semester starts I'll have to find a different job. :(

I've decided I'm not going to go home for Thanksgiving break. I really want to, but I can't afford it. I especially can't afford it since I won't be getting my first paycheck for about four weeks. For some reason whenever you have an on campus job, your pay is always two weeks behind. I have found a ride part of the way home for Christmas break. Just got to get someone from my family to meet me halfway and take me the rest of the way home. That is of course if I don't get the money to get my car tags renewed. Mom is seeing if she can get me on her auto insurance. She says that with my good driving record and having a third car on their policy that it will make their insurance cheaper. If thats the case and I don't have to pay her for it, then I'm all for it. I actually had a dream last night that I had gotten a letter in the mail and inside was a pink card that said that my car had full coverage insurance. Why full coverage and a pink card I don't know. But maybe that dream was telling me that mom was able to get me on their auto insurance and she just hadn't been able to tell me about it yet.

That's all for now. Take care all!

No comments: