Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Ramblings

Well, Thanksgiving break is finally here, but mine hasn't officially started yet. Technically break starts after your classes are over with today. Sadly my only class today is my night class which starts at 5. And what stinks is that my partner and I have to give our presentation tonight for our research project. We're second to go as far as the order is concerned and we have to stay the whole class period too. That's going to be so boring! I'm not really looking forward to tonight. But I am looking forward to having the room to myself for a couple of days. It will be nice to not have my roommate around. She's a nice roommate and I like her, but I'm not used to someone being around all the time.

I've been getting a lot of hours in for work. I turned in my first time sheet last Friday. I had a total of 24 hours for the two weeks. This week I'm going to have to do all of my work early since the library will be closing for part of break. I've already gotten 9 hours in so far and that's just yesterday and today so far. I'd work in my room but my computer doesn't have PowerPoint, which is essential to my work and the floppy drive on it is broken. Plus it's been acting screwy lately anyway. But I don't mind working extra hours at the begining of the week. It's very mind taxing but this way at least I'll have more time to enjoy my break from classes.

I went on a date Friday night. It totally sucked. Needless to say I ended the date as soon as the movie was over and I haven't talked to the guy since. He was very needy, clingy and talked way too much. Kind of like the last guy I went out with. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever find a guy that isn't completely nuts. In retrospect I think the only guy I ever went out with that wasn't a complete nut was my ex-husband. He was still a nut but not as much as others I have gone out with. I don't really need a guy right now, but it would be nice to have one. I like the feeling that someone is there for me and I like to be held at night. It gives me a sense of security. Maybe that sense of security that I need is the reason I still sleep with my stuffed animals. Haha!

No comments: