Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Snow and Christmas

Well it is official. Pittsburg is getting it's first snow of the winter on November 24th, 2004. It's not a very strong snow. In fact it's really light and it isn't sticking to anything except parked cars. The ground is still kind of warm and so melts the snowflakes. But I'm so happy that it is snowing. I love it when it snows. Snow is so white and pretty, soft and wet. I really love the snow. What is ironic though is that the other night I bought that fake snow spray that you put on windows and stuff and put it on the windows in my room. When I wake up this morning I find that it really is snowing outside! How cool is that?!

I put some Christmas lights up last night too. I couldn't resist. I know that Thanksgiving is tomrrow and that Christmas comes after Thanksgiving. But I love Christmas too much to wait and put them up later. Christmas is my most favorite of holidays next to Valentine's day. I love the snow, the twinkling lights, the snowmen, snowball fights, the giving, and everything that goes along with Christmas. I remember that when I was little my family would all pile into the car at night and go driving through town looking at all the houses with their Christmas lights and decorations. I always enjoyed that so much. I can't wait until I have my own place. Then I can go all out on decorations and really go nuts putting up lights and wreaths, and all sorts of other things! And you know, unlike most people I don't want to get presents for Christmas. Sure it's nice to get them, but personally I'd rather give than get. I like to see the look on people's face when they open up a present Christmas morning and it's exactly something that they've been wanting. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to know that I made someone happy by giving them something they have been wanting.

No comments: