Monday, September 27, 2004

Last Year of School Jitters

It is hard for me to believe that this is my very last year of college. It still feels as if I started my freshman year just yesterday. College has been quite an experience for me and one of the best experiences of my life. I have learned so much, both academically and otherwise. I've made many wonderful friends, had lots of fun, and learned some stuff in the process. Even if I did change my major several times.

But now this is my last year and I'll have to leave what has become so familiar and comforting to me. I've never "really" been out in the real world and on my own. I've always had the security of knowing that my parents were nearby and could help, or that I had somewhere to go if I just needed a break. It won't be that way when I get out. My parents can't help me because of financial difficulties they themselves are having, and I don't even know for sure what I'm going to do or where I'm going to go when I get out of here. It is all so confusing and it really gives me the jitters because it is all so uncertain. I've never been good and dealing with the uncertain and so graduation, when it comes in May, is probably going to be very nerve wracking for me. I hope that I get through it ok.

No comments: