Monday, September 27, 2004

Rejected Again

I had applied for a job here on campus about a week and a half to two weeks ago. It was a perfect job for me to have while on campus. They wanted someone that could work Tuesdays' and Thursdays'. My Tuesdays' and Thursdays' are completely free until 5 at night! They wanted someone that was eligible for federal work study. I'm eligible for it and even said I would accept it. The job was as a clerical assistant in the department of management and marketing and required a lot of office skills. I have a lot of office skills, most of them self taught! I wrote a cover letter for this job, I revamped my resume entirely, and I even provided a copy of my class schedule so that they would see that I was available. I even told them that if they wanted proof of my eligibility for federal work study, that I would get that for them too.

I was rejected again!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!

I really wanted this job but more than that I really need it. My parents can't help me out financially when it comes to school, nor can anyone else in my family. I'm doing this entirely on my own and without a job it's really hard to do. I don't understand why it's so hard for me to get an on campus job! I've applied for multiple jobs over and over again, but still nothing. I did almost have this one temporary job but it wouldn't work into my class schedule very well because of my night classes so I was rejected for that one too. Even over the summer when I tried to find a job out in California I couldn't get one.

Rejection, rejection, rejection!

I swear, it is so irritating and so unfair. I bet you that they gave the job to some blonde bimbo (no offense towards blondes--I'm just venting) that doesn't know the difference between a computer and a copy machine. Or even worse they gave it to some stuck up rich person who is going to school on their parents' money and doesn't even need a job! I really don't know who they gave it to but it just makes me so mad. I tried so hard to get it and I NEED it. When your expected family contribution according to the federal government is only $66 and your family can't even contribute $1, then you know that you need a job.

I don't know how I'm going to pay for insurance on my car or for my car tags in November. I have an etiquette dinner coming up for a class that I have to attend that's going to cost me somewhere between $10 and $15, none of which I have. I was only able to buy one book for class and I was only able to get it because I had sold off my Magic the Gathering cards over the summer.

Ack! Ok, I've been venting for awhile now. I feel a little bit better but I'm still pissed off about them rejecting me. I tell you, it just isn't fair!

No comments: