Monday, October 11, 2004

Fall, Dating, and Essay Writing

Fall is my most favorite season of the four. I like how beautiful everything looks when the leaves on the trees change colors. The air has a crisp, slightly cool feeling to it and is neither too warm or too cold. Lots of changes are taking place in the fall and all of these things are what makes it my favorite season. There is one thing about fall that I don't like though, and that is the rain that comes with it. The cloudiness, the cold rain, and the wet and slippery streets can be so depressing, not to mention a great annoyance. I know that the rain helps plants to grow and lots of other things, but it certainly doesn't help my mood any. It has been raining off and on for the past two days now and it makes me just want to sleep.

I have another date this weekend with the guy I went out with on Friday. His name is Matt, by the way. This time we're going to go bowling. We're not sure what we'll do after that, but I'm sure he or I will think of something. I hope it goes ok. We seem to get along well, we have a lot of things in common, and we have a lot of fun when together. Though lately I've been noticing that he can be slightly irritating. I mean he called me like four times last week before our date just to make sure about different things. He hasn't called me yet this week, but I have talked to him online. Last night when I was talking to him, I told him I needed to let him go so that I could get back to work on my essay for a class. He said ok and so I went back to my work. I haven't even sat down for 30 seconds when he messages me again and asks if I dreamed about him the other night! It's sweet in some ways, but also odd and irritating. It was irritating because I really needed to work on the essay and it was odd because we've only gone out once. Sure, we've talked several times online, but nothing really serious. He already calls me his girl and tells me that he dreams about me. I don't think I've ever had a guy that was this far head over heals for me. Not even my first husband was like that. I'm not sure what I'll do. I'll of course still go out with him this coming Friday. I don't pass up the chance to get out and do fun stuff, especially if someone else is paying. But if this stuff keeps up, the being irritating and all, I might have to tell him to cool it a little. I just hope that if I do have to tell him that, that he doesn't take it the wrong way. He seems like the type of guy that can be hurt real easily (emotionally that is).

Yea, so I mentioned an essay I was working on the other night. Well it isn't just one essay, it's five. The teacher for my Family Violence and Child Abuse class gave us a take home final that had five really in depth essay questions to answer. Boy has it been a challenge! Makes me glad it's take home rather than during class. Makes it a lot easier for me to focus on what I need to write and put in everything she wants. The five essays are due at the beginning of class on Tuesday. I finished two of them yesterday and plan to finish two more today, maybe three if I can swing it. But I'm not going to push myself harder than my brain can handle because I'm going to have other midterms to take besides this one. Since class isn't until 5 in the evening on Tuesday nights, I figure that I can write the last essay on Tuesday and have all five of them ready to go before class starts. Thankfully the essays don't have to be longer than two pages, which makes it slightly easier. That also makes it harder though, because she wants a lot of information, and for me it is hard to give back all that same information without going into a lot of detail and making the essay really long. It used to be, back when I started college, that I had trouble meeting the word or page requirements for writing papers. Now its more like I exceed the requirements, especially when I'm given restrictions on how long something can be.

No comments: