Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Weight Loss

I've been working on loosing weight since March of this year and so far have made fairly steady progress. I started out at 332 pounds and after being weighed today, am at 315 pounds. It's not a very dramatic weight loss and it's not as fast as I would like, but I am happy that I am getting rid of the excess weight. My ultimate goal is to get to 160 pounds. It will take me awhile but I will do it.

The weight loss itself is both encouraging and discouraging. It is discouraging because of the fact that it is so slow and it takes a lot of extra work and effort on my part that just gets added to my already pretty busy schedule. What does encourage me though is seeing the pounds come off where the numbers are concerned and loosing the sizes. When I started out, I wore a woman's size 26. Now I'm down to a 24.

With 17 pounds lost to date, I am hoping to loose another 25 by the time Christmas break arrives. It will certainly be a struggle, but I am going to do what I can to get it off. I don't mind being big. I like that it sets me apart from others. But I also don't like being big, because it makes finding a significant other or even just someone to date, a hard thing to do. Typically, though not always, a guy will go for the girl that is skinny or of average weight. I'm neither of those, but I hope to be there some day.

Wish me luck, and pray that I can keep up my will power so that I can keep loosing the weight.

No comments: